Broadview Loft #2
When designing a loft kitchen like this one you really have a lot of ceiling height to work with, but not many walls and too many windows. You also have to take into consideration the exposed ducts and sprinklers that are all over the place.
Together with Thomas Tampold from Yorkville Design Centre, we designing this lovely contemporary loft kitchen.
Because the kitchen is open towards the whole living space, it was important to our client that the kitchen would be a statement in the room. The island was made with glossy lacquer cabinetry and a beautiful waterfall countertop. We also added LED lights under the countertop to light up the island at night. Both the fridge and the dishwasher are panelled with cabinetry for a seamless look.
Since the kitchen is pretty small and we only had room for a couple of drawers, we decided to make the drawers 47″ wide to fit everything needed. Inside we made a custom utensil and cutlery divider insert which our very organized clients really loved.
Beside the cooktop we added a pull-out cabinet that could house the cooking oils and spices. Under the cooktop are pot-drawers for all the pots. Beside the wall oven and steam oven is a large pantry with pull-out drawers, and above the oven we added tray dividers. Basically everything has its own space in this little kitchen, just how it’s supposed to be.
– Caesarstone countertop #2003 Concerete
– Brushed stainless steel countertop
– Statuario Extra Marble backsplash
– Downsview kitchen cabinetry by Yorkville Design Centre: Tania door in Reconstituted Oak veneer and Glossy white lacquer for island.
– Downsview Kitchen Cabinetry: Tania door in glossy white lacquer
– White wall tile: Crystal milk glass 31cm x 62cm
– Glass tile behind tub: Bullet #56
– Caesarstone tub deck #4330 Ginger